Nomination DetailsWidmer Interiors understands that nonprofits typically have limited resources and the goal of serving the organization’s mission comes first. Amenities such as furniture improvements may never find their way into a budget, even if it means contending with furniture that is less than desirable. The reality is that today’s successful non-profit organizations must function a lot like for-profit business. In many ways, the concepts of openness, teamwork and the freedom to explore new opportunities and ideals have always been more prevalent in the offices of charitable organizations. Yet these workers, filled with such vibrant energy and passion for their mission, are often stuck with second-hand or leftover furniture and configurations. That’s why we developed Widmer Wish: Highlighting Heroes, a unique program that focuses attention on local 501(c)(3) nonprofit leadership. We would like your help in identifying hard-working nonprofit Executive Directors, Presidents, and CEOs to be named our 2017 “Hero” in the Rockford area. We will honor the winner with a complete office refurnishing and may feature the winner in advertising and local media. We know you work with women and men who have dedicated remarkable time and efforts to their charitable causes. Thank you for nominating these leaders and helping us to identify our 2017 hero in Illinois.
- The nominee must be an executive director, president or CEO of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Rockford area, or she/he must hold an equivalent title.
- Employees of the sponsors and their affiliates, the advertising and promotion agencies of sponsor, and the immediate family members of such employees, are ineligible to enter or win.
How to Enter
- Nomination forms are available online at www.widmerinteriors.com.
- Nominations may be made by the organization’s board members, donors, volunteers, employees, beneficiaries, or anyone else knowledgeable about the nominee’s good work and good deeds.
- Multiple nominations and photographs for a candidate are welcomed and encouraged.
Determination of Winner
- The award winner will be determined by a multi-phase process: 1) Candidates will be nominated through the form available online at www.widmerinteriors.com; 2) Nominations will be reviewed by management from Widmer Interiors and finalists will be selected; 3) Finalists may be asked to submit additional information; 4) The nominations and finalist forms will be reviewed by a panel of judges and the winner will be determined by a vote.
- Entries will be judged based on nominee/candidate’s application of good business principles to execute the organization’s mission, organizational influence on the community/populations served, demonstration of excellence in leadership, and need for an improved workspace.
- Finalists will be determined by a panel of judges composed of management from Widmer Interiors. Finalists will be notified via e-mail. Finalists are required to submit via e-mail an entry form, personal photo (head shot), and a logo of their organization. Optional photos (up to five) can also be submitted for review by the panel of judges.
- The winner will be determined through selection by a panel of local judges. Panel will be composed of management from Widmer Interiors and others to be determined.
- Nominations must include all information required by the form in order to be considered complete and eligible for inclusion in contest.
- The program sponsors are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from submitting or downloading any materials in conjunction with this program or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete.
- The program is to be judged by the management of Widmer Interiors and a panel of local leaders, to be announced. The decision of the judges will be final.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the program if it becomes technically corrupted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- The winner is responsible for all local, county, state and federal taxes and regulations related to the prize.
- One (1) prize will be awarded consisting of the refurnishing of one (1) mutually-agreed upon private office of the executive director or equivalent chief administrator of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Rockford area.
- Another space within the organization’s facility can be substituted for the office of the executive director, if mutually agreed upon and comparatively sized.
- Retail value will not exceed $20,000. Prize may include any mutually agreed upon combination of office furniture, floor covering, artwork, and accessories, not to exceed retail value of $20,000.
- Widmer Interiors must have weekday/business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) access to the winner’s office space to complete the work.
- Under this agreement, once approved and completed, Widmer Interiors will not be obligated for any further or subsequent renovations and/or alterations at this location.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- By entering, finalists represent they are eligible and that their entry materials are original, and agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, (b) to release the Sponsors, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, (c) to the Sponsors’ use of all intellectual property rights in the entry materials, if any.
- Any person suspected of defrauding or tampering with this competition in any way will be ineligible and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- The sponsors reserve the right to correct typographical, clerical or printing errors in nomination materials.
- By accepting a prize, the winner consents to use of his or her name, photograph, likeness, biographical information, and voice in this and future promotions and publicity without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- The finalists and the winner will be published online at www.widmerinteriors.com. The winner may also be featured in advertising and media, to be determined.