Widmer Interiors understands that nonprofits typically have limited resources and the goal of serving the organization’s mission comes first. Amenities such as furniture improvements may never find their way into a budget, even if it means contending with furniture that is less than desirable. The reality is that today’s successful non-profit organizations must function a lot like for-profit business. In many ways, the concepts of openness, teamwork and the freedom to explore new opportunities and ideals have always been more prevalent in the offices of charitable organizations. Yet these workers, filled with such vibrant energy and passion for their mission, are often stuck with second-hand or leftover furniture and configurations. That’s why we developed the Widmer Wish program. This is a unique program that focuses attention on 501(c)(3) nonprofits. We would like your help in identifying and nominating a non-profit to be honored with $20,000 of office seating. Thank you for nominating and helping us to identify our Widmer Wish recipient.
- The 2019 nominee must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Champaign area.
How to Enter
- Nomination forms are available online at www.widmerinteriors.com.
- Nominations may be made by the organization’s board members, donors, volunteers, employees, beneficiaries, or anyone else knowledgeable about the nominee’s good work and good deeds.
Determination of Winner
- The award winner will be determined by a multi-phase process: 1) Candidates will be nominated through the form available online at www.widmerinteriors.com; 2) Nominations will be reviewed by management from Widmer Interiors and finalists will be selected; 3) Finalists may be asked to submit additional information; 4) The nominations and finalist forms will be reviewed by a panel of judges and the winner will be determined by a vote.
- Entries will be judged based on nominee/candidate’s application of good business principles to execute the organization’s mission, organizational influence on the community/populations served, demonstration of excellence in leadership, and need for an improved workspace.
- Nominations must include all information required by the form in order to be considered complete and eligible for inclusion in the contest.
- One (1) prize will be awarded consisting of $20,000 worth of furniture.
- Widmer Interiors must have weekday/business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) access to the winner’s office space to complete the work.
- Under this agreement, once approved and completed, Widmer Interiors will not be obligated for any further or subsequent renovations and/or alterations at this location.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- By entering, finalists represent they are eligible and that their entry materials are original, and agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, (b) to release the Sponsors, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, (c) to the Sponsors’ use of all intellectual property rights in the entry materials, if any.
- Any person suspected of defrauding or tampering with this competition in any way will be ineligible and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to correct typographical, clerical or printing errors in nomination materials.
- By accepting a prize, the winner consents the use of the organization’s name, photographs, likeness, and voice in this and future promotions and publicity without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.